filesystem testing

Stefan Thöni stefan.thoeni at gapfruit.com
Tue May 25 11:20:03 CEST 2021

Hello Norman,

Thanks for your feedback.

On 14.05.21 10:41, Norman Feske wrote:
> If file-system performance was our priority, I would intuitively know
> where to look first, without new benchmarks.

> Regarding file-system integrity and reliability, the answer is much
> easier. Data loss would be a critical bug. So if we are presented with a
> reproducible test that triggers such a case, we will immediately make it
> our top priority.

Optimizing the performance of file systems isn't our priority either as
we don't have any concrete requirements for this. Instead, our main
goals with such a test suite are:

a) Increase the test coverage of the file systems provided by Genode in
order to transparently and continuously demonstrate the quality of the
framework and to make sure regressions won't go unnoticed once a file
system component is being used in a product.

b) Compare file system scenarios available in Genode.

Would you see value in such tests?

Kind regards
Stefan

--