Aw: Re: how to debug gdb?

Tomasz Gajewski tomga at wp.pl
Mon May 10 00:35:53 CEST 2021

Uwe <geno.de at public-files.de> writes:

> Qemu is not supposed to create threads. All threads in qemu are
> created at startup. For every (emulated) CPU core one thread, never
> more.
> For OS level threads you need a gdb server at OS level.

Thanks Uwe for clarification although actually it was Alexander which I
think mixed application threads with threads in debugger attached to
qemu. My fault was that I've chosen bad context from his message to my
response.

My problems were entirely with threads not visible in gdb connected to
gdb_monitor which controlled running application and now after response
from Christian are partially resolved.

Regards
Tomasz