21.05 toolchain C tls variables compilation problem

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Fri Jun 11 07:49:01 CEST 2021

Alexander,

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 19:29:49 CEST, Alexander Tormasov via users wrote:
> found this change is the 10.3 libgo code vs 8.3:
> -static __thread G *g;
> +__thread G *g __asm__(GOSYM_PREFIX "runtime.g");
>
> so, this appears only recently and the bug is older than I think before

I'm still certain this is a GCC bug as it bluntly generates invalid
assembler code if the tool chain is build to use emutls as we do in
Genode's tool_chain script. The way I see it noone else tries to use
libgo (or other code that combines 'thread_local' with
'asm("asm_symbol") in combination with emutls.

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/