Aw: Re: depot/extract: make: execvp: bash: Argument list too long

ttcoder at netcourrier.com ttcoder at netcourrier.com
Tue Jun 8 14:11:53 CEST 2021

This will probably be of little to no help (or maybe as inspiration ?) since we're talking gmake here, but I'll mention in passing that in other build tools there is sometimes support for a "piecemeal" modifier for compilation units : this modifier instructs the build tool to repeatedly invoke the compilation/build unit with a subset of parameters small enough to fit the OS buffer size (e.g. 2048 bytes) : https://duckduckgo.com/?q=jam+redux+%22piecemeal%22&t=ffab&ia=web

Cedric