USB Error on ThinkPad Convertible (was: Re: Sculpt 20.11 - Blank Screen On ThinkPad Convertible)

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Tue Jan 19 22:28:33 CET 2021

Thanks Tomasz and Norman for the helpful information about Sculpt
versioning.  (I'm still having trouble getting "report_dump" running
properly, but I'm still working on that.)

In my efforts to compare 20.08 with later versions, I stumbled across a
message in the log file when booting the "sculpt-20-08-b.img" image from
the website that may give a clue about the USB problem on this laptop.
The "usb_drv" component finds the various devices that are attached, but
then it gives this message:

[core] Warning: unresolvable exception 13, pd 'init -> drivers ->
usb_drv', thread 'ep', cpu 0, ip=0x1005afc sp=40bfe7c0 bp=0x1410a450 no
signal handler

That is that last message from "usb_drv", and the USB stick is not
recognized by Leitzentrale.

I realize this isn't much to go on, but can anyone suggest where I might
add more log messages to narrow it down?  Or any other ideas?

  Thanks!

   John J. Karcher
   devuser at alternateapproach.com