Roadmap 2021

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at genode-labs.com
Sun Jan 3 21:49:50 CET 2021

Hello,

my main work topic of 2020 has been porting QtWebEngine and the Falkon web browser to Genode, which also involved the move to
building everything Qt with qmake and making it possible to build Qt applications with the Goa tool. The current state of the web
browser is already quite usable, although some desired features like server certificate validation or audio/video support are still
missing. That's something I intend to continue working on in 2021.

Apart from that, I'm also interested in the whole PinePhone topic in general and in particular the previously mentioned idea of
exploring the possibilities of porting QML-based Sailfish OS or Ubuntu Touch applications and making it possible to build those with
Goa.

Christian