bootm on imx8

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:06:56 CET 2021

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 at 13:46, Michael Grunditz
<michael.grunditz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 at 00:34, Michael Grunditz
> <michael.grunditz at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to boot a genode uImage (tftp,bootm) but gets ATAG not
> > compiled in. Do I need to patch out that error from u-boot , or is
> > there another workaround?
>
> A little follow up. I used bootelf -p address. That started the kernel
> but end up in:
>
> Kernel: Unknown cpu exception EC=0 ISS=0 ip=0xffffffc000040cb
>
> It is stack management code.
I modded my cmd/boot.c to allow booting aarch64 binaries and cloned
down a new Genode source tree. Built run/log and started it with "go
0x40010000". It worked once.. I changed ram size and uart (to match my
board) and try booting again. Nothing on serial. Then I tried to echo
a char right in the starting point crt0.s, it worked I get that char
on serial.
OK .. I recloned a new source tree , but same results.

I can't get bootm to work even after removed the atag requirement.

I would be very happy if someone can explain what happens.