Cmus issue

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Tue Feb 2 15:07:57 CET 2021

Hello Dima,

> BSD audio drv:
>     Device access -> audio hardware
>     Region maps -> custom virtual memory objects
>
> Mixer:
>     Audio output -> bsd audio driver
>     Report -> system reports
>
> Cmus:
>     File system (media) -> ahci-1.fs
>     File system (home) -> ahci-1.fs
>     File system (fonts) -> fonts fs
>     GUI -> themed wm
>     Audio output -> mixer
>     ROM (clipboard) -> themed wm
>     Report (clipboard) -> themed wm
>     Real-time clock -> system clock
>     Region maps -> custom virtual memory objects
>
> What would be the proper configuration?

The routing looks fine - is there any LOG output from the cmus subsystem?
You should at least see something like the following snippet:

  [runtime] child "cmus"
  [runtime]   RAM quota:  65288K
  [runtime]   cap quota:  466
  [runtime]   ELF binary: init
  [runtime]   priority:   0
  [runtime -> cmus -> cmus] Error: no plugin found for socket()
  [runtime -> cmus -> terminal] Warning: scs_g0 not implemented for 66
  [runtime -> cmus -> terminal] Warning: scs_g1 not implemented for 48
  [runtime -> cmus -> terminal] Warning: Alternate Screen (new xterm code) not implemented
  [runtime -> cmus -> terminal] Warning: decrm not implemented for 4
  [runtime -> cmus -> terminal] Warning: Application Cursor Keys not implemented
  [runtime -> cmus -> terminal] Warning: unhandled sequence ESC _(05/15) c(06/03)
  [runtime -> cmus -> terminal] Warning: unhandled sequence ESC \(05/12) ESC(01/11) [(05/11)

Which version of Sculpt or rather which branch are you on?

(I am using an older Sculpt version and have not yet checked if the cmus
package still works on a current branch. A recent change that could be a
problem is the Terminal change, where it now uses the gui session directly
but in the past used a framebuffer session. The cmus package runtime is
still unchanged in that regard.)

Rergards
Josef

--