golang runtime

Sergey Platonov sergey.platonov at gapfruit.com
Mon Feb 1 10:38:20 CET 2021

Hello all

We have invested some time analyzing golang and how much it will take to
make it production-ready.

The build system requires some effort, and it's not fully clear if it's
a one-time effort. Different golang projects use other build systems
(bazel and so on).

Networking is crucial for us, and we invested most of our time making it
work. Unfortunately, we failed to do so: it seems the goroutines
scheduler makes some assumptions that we overlooked. So, at the end of
the day, we have a network that sometimes works.

I have proposed a patch [1] that will fix some issues and hopefully help
someone later on.

Unfortunately, we will not invest more resources in porting golang since
it seems too resource-consuming for our small team.

[1] https://github.com/tor-m6/genode/pull/1

Regards, Sergey
--

gapfruit AG