link error when trying to run XS JavaScript engine

Dan Connolly dckc at madmode.com
Thu Aug 5 04:20:26 CEST 2021

XS is a JavaScript engine designed for microcontrollers. I have been
working on getting it running under genode in fits and starts.
https://github.com/dckc/genode-js-xs

In my most recent episode, I can get goa build to work, but when I try
goa run, I get:

[init -> genode-js-xs] Error: LD: ELF without DYNAMIC segment appears
to be statically linked (ld="no")

`file hello` says:

ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked, interpreter ld.lib.so, with debug_info, not stripped

I put the full link command in https://github.com/dckc/genode-js-xs/pull/12

Any clues on how to diagnose / fix? What does (ld="no") mean?

--
Dan Connolly
http://www.madmode.com/