Aw: Re: how to open elf file image from inside genode? libbacktrace question

Uwe geno.de at public-files.de
Mon Apr 5 20:31:41 CEST 2021

> Gesendet: Montag, 05. April 2021 um 19:48 Uhr
> Von: "Alexander Tormasov via users" <users at lists.genode.org>
> Cc: "Alexander Tormasov" <a.tormasov at innopolis.ru>
> Betreff: Re: how to open elf file image from inside genode? libbacktrace question
>
> Returning to my question, could I use posix open(«/test-go») to open my binary from which I run executable, if I have the following code in run file:
>
>         <start name="test-go" caps="250">
>             <resource name="RAM" quantum="20M"/>
>             <config verbose="yes" ld_verbose="yes" >
>                 <libc stdout="/dev/log" stderr="/dev/log"/>
>             </config>
>         </start>
>
> or I need to modify it and add another «double» option, something like

You need this configuration. But why do you want to use a way that
is dependent upon config, when you need it for a language detail. That is why make
something compiled in depend on something configured. And why has it to be POSIX
open ()? Alternatively you can store that capability on startup in a static var in
open () where it is returned from upon encountering a special parameter combination
for instance an empty string as filename.