Aw: Re: how to open elf file image from inside genode? libbacktrace question

Uwe geno.de at public-files.de
Mon Apr 5 06:54:21 CEST 2021

> Gesendet: Montag, 05. April 2021 um 00:59 Uhr
> Von: "Alexander Tormasov via users" <users at lists.genode.org>
> Cc: "Alexander Tormasov" <a.tormasov at innopolis.ru>
> Betreff: Re: how to open elf file image from inside genode? libbacktrace question
>
> 	Thanks for suggestion, Uwe
>

> > Your parent needs a ROMFile capability to run
> > your program. Ask it for that capability to read
> > your own file. You can call that RPC  getexecname
Oops, that is possibly the source of a misunderstanding. I should have proposed getexechandle.
> > or whatever strikes your fancy.
>
> the question is what path for open() call I should use for ROMfile?

You don't open() the session, that does the
parent, because it needs to do it anyway.
You only ask for the already opened file handle.
I don't have the exact startup sequence
In memory, but it could be that the handle  is
already communicated as part of the startup
sequence to build the ds session. Then you only
need to extend the startup sequence with a
copy of that session.