fs_rom "follows" files

Roman Iten roman.iten at gapfruit.com
Tue Sep 8 12:15:02 CEST 2020

Hello Genodians

I use `run/bash` and added a simple component that logs the content of a
ROM module:

```xml
<start name="test-update">
	<resource name="RAM" quantum="2M"/>
	<route>
		<service name="ROM" label="test.config">
			<child name="vfs_rom" label="tmp/test.config"/>
		</service>
		<any-service> <parent/> <any-child/> </any-service>
	</route>
</start>
```

Then, I execute the following commands on the interactive shell:

```bash
> echo "1st-cfg"    > /tmp/test.config` # "1st-cfg" is logged
> mv /tmp/test.config /tmp/test.backup` # nothing is logged
> echo "2nd-cfg"    > /tmp/test.config` # nothing is logged
> echo "3rd-cfg"    > /tmp/test.backup` # "3rd-cfg" is logged
```

Is it the intended behavior that `fs_rom` "follows" the file or should
it always provide the ROM content of the file with the specified name
instead?

The background of this question is that in fact, `test-update` for
example could be a component that consumes the `test.config` and is
supposed to react on configuration updates.

Cheers, Roman