Attached_mmio with platform_drv

Pirmin Duss pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Tue Sep 1 10:57:07 CEST 2020

Hello Genodians

I'm currenty working on a I2C driver for the iMX8 processor.

I actually started this before the 20.08 release. But when I read that
the new platform driver for the iMX8 SoC can automatically enable/disable
clocks for subsystems, I decided to use this new feature, as I had
problems enabling the clocks before.

If my assumptions are correct (by reading the code of the
usb_host_drv), one is able to get a capability to the IOMEM that the
platform driver has mapped via `acquire_device().io_mem_dataspace()`.

What is currently not clear to me, is how to map the `Attached_mmio` of
the driver use the mapped IOMEM, to be able to use the register definitions?

Or does a driver that uses the `platform_drv` component require an other
way to
access the registers?

My current work in progress code (with lots debug stuff in it) can be
found at [1].

Best regards,
Pirmin

[1] https://github.com/trimpim/genode/tree/i2c_dirver_imx8q_evk_20.08