RPCEmu on Genode

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:19:28 CEST 2020

In message <CAAqgp_Rb+2jA2p8mxogEJPCNyZqC9Xi-Uxmu=d0O1ZJxT2f3eQ at mail.g
mail.com>
          Michael Grunditz <michael.grunditz at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am very happy to tell you that JIT is now working in Genode!
>> The thing that puzzles me now , is that framebuffer refresh stoped working.

> Sorry! late night hacking, it works now.. had it set to fb coordinates
> , rather then local!

A little question about clocks and timers:
My timer irq is running every 200000ns. In qemu it works perfectly
well, but on real hardware it runs ok for 3-4s than pause for some
time and back again. If this was just on my quite fast PC , then ok.
But the same problem can also be seen on my not so fast laptop. The
laptop is around the speed of Qemu kvm on the big pc.

I am using libc clocking to measure time. Should I use a Genode native
function instead?

--
Michael Grunditz
Sent from one of my RISC OS workstations.