Running Genode on a Raspberry Pi 3

Tomasz Gajewski tomga at wp.pl
Tue Nov 10 22:14:36 CET 2020

Simon Himmelbauer <himmelba at in.tum.de> writes:

> sorry, I should have clarified my approach in more detail. With
> "directly launching", I meant that I simply connected a regular
> keyboard and HDMI-display so that I don't have to deal with the
> UART. u-boot successfully launches but booting the image results in
> the output remaining blank.

Like Stefan wrote earlier there will be no output unless you start a
framebuffer driver.

> The reason for this could be missing framebuffer support which the
> developers at least mentioned in 2014.

You pointed to a mail about L4Re and it is not really relevant
here. Framebuffer driver for Rpi1 is in Genode for a very long time and
in my working branch [0] there is a version that works on
rpi3. Currently my work multi rpi support is somewhat in the void due to
unresolved yet regression in usb driver which blocks support for almost
all communication mouse, keyboard and network.

Regards
Tomasz Gajewski

[0] https://github.com/tomga/genode/commits/rpi_all_20.02