bringup on RK3399

Stefan Kalkowski stefan.kalkowski at genode-labs.com
Tue Nov 10 11:19:10 CET 2020

Hi Michael,

I just answered to you in the IRC channel. I could imagine that access
to the GIC is the actual problem, because this is done in _arch_init()
inside of the Cpu constructor.

Can you confirm, that you can proceed at least behind the Cpu
construction if you uncomment the line:

  repos/base-hw/src/core/spec/arm_v8/kernel/cpu.cc:20

or not?

Best regards
Stefan

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 10:06:13AM +0000, Michael Grunditz wrote:

> > To be sure that uboot isn't the problem I tried with the same version you use on I.mx8m. It doesn't support my board so I only tried with top layer , u-boot.itb . It boots to exception.  Iam thinking if the offending call is the first one which allocates ram dynamically.  That would point to permission problem and or problem with the defined system ram. Bootm takes the el to el2.
> >

> > To be continued..
>
> I gave this a second thought. I doubt permission error. RISC OS is
> started in the same way and works just fine.
> I would appreciate any thoughts from Stefan , why
> cpus[id].construct(id, _global_work_list); can produce a exception.
> I can't find it.
>
> Michael

Stefan Kalkowski
Genode labs