bringup on RK3399

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 01:32:15 CET 2020

On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 at 15:57, Michael Grunditz
<michael.grunditz at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> snip
> I am facing below:
>
> Error: Assertion failed: id < _count && _cpus[id].constructed()
> Error:   File: /home/micken/genode/repos/base-hw//src/core/kernel/cpu.cc:198
> Error:   Function: Kernel::Cpu& Kernel::Cpu_pool::cpu(unsigned int)
> The call that gets me there originates from core/kernel. I have
> configured one cpu , so id is always 0. The construct function is
> called prior to this, but the util method doesn't return * I THINK * .
>
> Any thoughts?

After a lot of headache I found this:

This functioncall does not return:

 _cpus[id].construct(id, _global_work_list);

A exception was generated and resulted in a call to kernel() when no
cpu's where configured. Possible case for exception is changing in EL,
starting cpus (psci), I hope/think that uboot handles it.. but need to
investigate more.
Booting from uImage fails, at first right before starting and
decompressing, then after applied patch from imx8q , goes to "no atag
builtin...etc". I removed that hang()... uboot bails out on
decompression . I disabled compression and can now see exception
directly after "starting kernel" ESR is  image entry/load.

Which EL is best to start with? when testing with running genode with
'go' things worked quite well. With bootm it can switch to EL1.

I hacked in EL1 into 'go'
Result: same issue.. get exception calls kernel().. probably
exception from mmu init.
What are the  requirement for RAM , in terms of start and size? Should
it include the Genode image?

OK I think I got most in this mail.. been writing on it all day! :-)

Btw if someone want to chat .. I am on irc.

Best regards,

Michael