clear cache

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Fri Nov 6 08:38:19 CET 2020

Hi Michael,

On 05.11.20 16:25, Michael Grunditz wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a "system friendly" way to invalidate
> caches? I am running self compiling instructions that needs it. Right
> now (on aarch64 Genode/Linux) I use __internal___clear_cache but that
> is unbelievable slow.

I remember that we encountered the same problem recently in the context
of the Javascript JIT compiler of the Chromium engine [1]. Since there
exists no POSIX API for the instruction-cache invalidation, we decided
to add a new public interface to the libc [2].

[1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/3858
[2]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/libports/include/libc/genode.h