components sequence and libc

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Mon Jul 6 08:22:56 CEST 2020

Hello Alexander,

it seems your component startup misses to initialize all modules
correctly. While I have no idea where this stems from I have two
options to proceed. First, I suggest a closer look into the changes in
[1] that cleans up shared library initialization. The alternative is
to use "git bisect" (maybe starting with [1]) to find the offending
change in Genode 20.05.

As you have your own linker command sampled with an earlier release it
only makes sense to test with your tree except you are able to isolate
the issue with a minimal patch and without Go.

[1] https://github.com/chelmuth/genode/commit/42fddf8390c0436a09cf6fae3391f9a26098e4de

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/