update openssl port

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Thu Dec 17 13:35:11 CET 2020

Hello Pirmin,

please let me first refer to

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/3773

which also contains work-in-progress branch for the openssl/curl
update from August 2020 [1].

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 09:10:44 CET, Duss Pirmin wrote:
> I'm thinking about how to proceed with this. One way that I see, is
> to create a separate port (e.g. `openssl_1.1`) that provides the
> updated library. Then each component can choose to use the old or
> the new version of the library. When a component (or library) is
> updated, one can choose to switch to the new library if it is
> supported. In the long run the old version of openssl could then be
> removed once all users of it have switched.

After some of my update work in spring of 2020 I decided against the
additional flavor but for updating also libraries and components that
use openssl. During my tests lighttpd worked without flaws.

> Do you agree with proceeding according to this plan or would you
> approach this differently?

I'd much appreciate if you have a look into my branch and decide for
yourself if it fits your requirements. Please note that I also put
much effort into working ARM support.

[1] https://github.com/chelmuth/genode/commits/openssl11

Greets
--