Base-hw scheduler

Chris Hofer chris-hofer at zehha.de
Fri Aug 21 22:04:45 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm having some troubles in understanding how the concept of 'fills' and
'claims' of base-hw's scheduler [1] is expressed in the Xml syntax of
Init's configuration.

My concrete questions are:

  * how does the syntax indicate, whether the threads of a component are
    treated as fills or claims?

  * do priorities affect the scheduling of fills?

The background of the second question is, that I'm confused by the
priority assignment in the run-script vmm_arm.run. I expected all
components to be fills and scheduled in a round-robin fashion. What is
the reason for assigning the priority -1 to the Vmm?

Best,

Chris Hofer

[1] 7.7.7 of Genode Foundations