How to start my VM with the new Sculpt-CE preview (Problems)

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Tue Aug 11 10:37:57 CEST 2020

Hello Lonnie,

On 09.08.20 00:29, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> But Sculpt seems to error out and the Virtualbox console never starts.
>
> Is anyone able to get this to work?
>
> I also tried it using the Sculpt OVA imported into a Virtualbox on
> Ubuntu 20.04 and still the same results.

this sounds related to [1]. AFAIK, nested virtualization within
VirtualBox is not expected to work. To host virtual machines on top of
Sculpt OS, one has to run Sculpt on real hardware. To quickly check, you
may test the preconfigured Firefox VMs provided by alex-ab's depot.

[1] https://lists.genode.org/pipermail/users/2020-April/007128.html

In situations like your's, please have a close look at the Genode log,
either by inspecting the log window or by looking at the content of
/config/log.