sel4 build broken in 20.05?

Alexander Tormasov a.tormasov at innopolis.ru
Tue Aug 4 15:37:52 CEST 2020

Thank you for answer!
All my constrains are the same as mentioned in the letter, my own compiled toolchain, fresh code, same gcc version/etc.

I found that if I do not separately compile kernel and directly compile my application using fresh system (which, as side effect, compile the sel4 kernel) - it fail in that way during ld library stage compilation.
If, on the same binaries/environment/toolchain, I compile the kernel using the way mentioned in the letter

> alex at tmp:~/genode/tmp$ make -C build/x86_64 KERNEL=sel4 kernel VERBOSE=

it works, and later I can compile without problems my application for sel4!

Seems that some problems are in genode build system, order of components build…

And, the problem is very exotic. I do separate file, generate clean C code after preprocessing - and compilation fail even by local gcc (not genode one!).
I still can’t find a reason for a problem in code, probably environment could be wrong (suspect may be gcc run inappropriate gcc internal passes/tools? while I use the same binaries and env for successful compilation...)

Anyway, problem solved, thanks!
Sincerely,
	Alex