Gui issue.

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Thu Apr 23 11:57:39 CEST 2020

Hello,

On 23.04.20 09:40, Shlomo Pongratz wrote:
> While installing vbox5-nova-scupt there is a need to configure
> ROM(usb_device).
> The option list is truncated in the middle of "dynamic_depot_rom" (in
> the middle of the line),
>
> and there is no way to see if there are other options below.

this looks very much like the issue [1] posted very recently.

[1] https://lists.genode.org/pipermail/users/2020-April/007092.html

> I guess the best thing is to change the window size however changing the
> fb_drv hight in the config didn't do the trick.

When running Sculpt in Qemu, it uses the VESA driver with a fixed
resolution of 1024x768. This option is solely provided as an easy way to
test-drive the system. Admittedly, I have not anticipated that anyone
might want to *use* Sculpt in Qemu and not on real hardware, let alone
running VirtualBox via nested virtualization.

Going forward, I think it would make sense to improve Sculpt in two
ways. First, enabling the switching of resolutions when using the VESA
driver. And second, by reducing the number of practically useless
options when routing ROM modules. No promise, but I'll keep both ideas
in the back of my head for the release 20.08.

Until then, I think you will get most fun out of Sculpt when using it on
real hardware [2].

[2]
https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-20-02#Hardware_requirements_and_preparations