Why application request RAM quota from parent even if it is enough?

Alexander Tormasov a.tormasov at innopolis.ru
Thu Sep 5 11:36:40 CEST 2019

Thank you for pointing out, seems that they really start from such reservation attempt ( 512 << 20 ).

Anyway, system should not hang even if I request 512gb of ram, it should return with error...
This is standard approach - we try to alloc until we can, receiving ENOMEM or something similar?
Why it is not working?