Cross-compilation of lx_hybrid components

Roman Iten roman.iten at gapfruit.com
Tue Oct 29 11:23:36 CET 2019

Hi Christian

On 23.10.19 16:04, Christian Helmuth wrote:
>> Do you see a way how I can cross-compile on a Linux x86_64 host for a
>> Linux arm_v7a target?
>
> My impulsive reaction to this question is plain: No, I can't imagine
> this to work!

Thanks to your hints, compiling and linking turned out to be
surprisingly easy! Using the branch [1] I can now build and link using
my cross-compilation toolchain (built using crosstool-ng [2]), by
pointing CUSTOM_HOST_CC and CUSTOM_HOST_CXX to my toolchain. That the
patches break pretty much every other platform I don't care for now...

The problem I care about is that scenarios using hybrid components don't
work at runtime. For example run/lx_fs or run/netperf_lwip (uses
linux_nic_drv):

```
[10:49:20.418] Warning: blocking canceled in entrypoint constructor
```

Any idea whats wrong?

Thanks, Roman

[1] https://github.com/rite/genode/tree/cross-arm-linux