Genodians.org Feature Requests

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Sun Mar 31 22:33:23 CEST 2019

Hello Genodians,

The content on Genodians.org has been so interesting and varied that I
worry we might lose valuable content in the sheer volume as time goes
by.  Here are a couple of ideas that I thought might help (probably
already on the "to do" list, but just in case):

1. "Sticky" / "Featured" Posts - Things like the announcement for the
latest release, other important news, etc. should probably be kept
at/near the top or in a special area.

2. Search / Filter Tags - I think it would be helpful to add "tags" to
the posts to make it easier to find items on a certain subject.  I would
recommend defining the format and adding the tag data as soon as
possible, even if the feature isn't implemented for a while - it's
always harder to go back over a lot of data than to enter it as the
records are added.

Just food for thought...

  Thanks!
--