Debian download not working for me

Valery V. Sedletski _valerius at mail.ru
Thu Mar 21 17:47:24 CET 2019

Joel Desermeau via users wrote:
> When I start download_debian, nothing happens. Is anyone else
> experiencing this?

Yes, I hit the same problem too. There is a problem in a bugtracker,
[1], which can be fixed by removing a superfluous pthread.lib.so ROM
module from
/<your_genode_file_system>/depot/cnuke/pkg/download_debian/19.02-p1/runtime
(Though, you should better try updating the index file from cnuke's
depot by toggling it in "+"->"Depot"->"Selection" menu twice, and
re-downloading the package, because this problem seems to be fixed by
cnuke already).

The problem is that the package "pthread" is now missing (because it's
currently merged with "libc"), so the "download_debian" package is
incomplete (it depends on non-existing package). So, the package is
incomplete, but no error is reported by "update", and Sculpt manager
doesn't present a configuration dialog for incomplete packages, so the
program is not started.
> How can I manually use my own .iso?

You can manually put VBox config (*.vbox), an empty *.vdi file and the
installation ISO image to the /vm/debian subdirectory on your Genode
partition, and call the ISO image "installer.iso". You can create the
disk image and VBox config file with your VBox installation in
Linux/Windows/another OS and then copy it to your Genode partition.

[1] "sculpt ce: installed package can stay in "installing" state in menu
forever #3241":
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/3241#issuecomment-475180636