Depot How-To Guide?

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Thu Jun 13 08:28:02 CEST 2019

Hi John,

El 12/6/19 a las 22:27, John J. Karcher escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have a simple step-by-step guide for the initial set-up of a
> new depot, and publishing a first package to it?

Did you have a look at this:

https://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/package_management

Apart from this and the Foundations Book, I don't know further resources
but a step-by-step Genodians tutorial might be indeed a good idea.

> I took a first try at this, mainly following "Genode Foundations" (and
> trying to document my steps, in the hope of writing a beginner's guide
> for Genodians.org).  But I seem to be missing something, because the
> "publish" tool is giving me an error.

It may be helpful if you could post your command line and the output it
produces.

Martin