Issues to build Sculpt with Sel4 kernel

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at genode-labs.com
Mon Jul 29 12:19:57 CEST 2019

Hello,

On 29.07.19 01:31, Nanfang Hu wrote:
> I am trying to build Sculpt with Sel4 kernel.

Sculpt OS is not tested with seL4 and is not supposed to get far.

> sudo make -C build/x86_64 run/sculpt KERNEL=sel4 BOARD=pc

Please don't use sudo - our tooling support is supposed to work without
root rights. (If you nevertheless need root rights, please tell us which
tool requires it).

> I run into error, "Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem"

Either increase the image size to some fixed value in your
build/x86_64/etc/build.conf, something like:

RUN_OPT += --image-disk-size 64

or increase the value of the ext2_overhead variable in

tool/run/image/disk

Cheers,

--
Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com - https://www.genode.org

Genode Labs GmbH - Amtsgericht Dresden - HRB 28424 - Sitz Dresden