Muen SK with VirtualBox VMM

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Wed Jul 10 23:27:10 CEST 2019

Greetings All,

I have been keeping an eye on Genode and in particular the NOVA Microvisor
project for a long time now as I had always thought that it was a very good
direction.

As Genode has grown, it seems that more advancements are made all of the
time which is awesome.

Lately, I have turn my attention to Type-1 hypervisors like XCP-ng (Xen)
and SmartOS while also digging into Separation Kernels a bit to see what
they can offer. On that note, I have briefly started reviewing Muen SK and
am trying to see what it can do, but came across the Genode project that is
supposed to have Muen SK as the Host with a VirtualBox VMM for the Guest
OS's.

Can someone please tell me if there is any active work going on in this
area as I am very interested in being able to run X86_64 Guests like
Windows 7 Pro, Windows 10, and Linux all 64-bit?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Lonnie