Depot Archive Creation

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Thu Jan 3 10:51:37 CET 2019

Hi Edward,

As far as I know, two recipes, despite beeing located in different
repos, cannot be of the same name. This is because the repo system is
transparent to the user of the depot tools.

I would suggest you to name your archives libcrypto_adventium and
libssl_adventium instead. From the perspective of the user of a package
management this makes sense, as we are talking about different
implementation approaches of the same objective. It would be strange to
differenciate them through versions which rather mark different states
of progress of one implementation approach (in fact, as archive versions
are related to the building date, its not unlikely that two
implementations have the exact same version sometimes)

Cheers,
Martin