Roadmap 2019

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at genode-labs.com
Wed Jan 2 15:28:49 CET 2019

Hi,

On 02.01.2019 11:22, Tomasz Gajewski wrote:
> Recently I've purchased RPI 3B+ - it is my first arm device and
> currently all aspects of making Genode work on it are on my radar.

I agree that better support for the Raspberry Pi would be useful,
considering how easy and affordable it is to get one of these devices
and to start experimenting with it. Maybe we could also provide an SD
card image with Sculpt and some showcase applications and games for
interested users to try out.

On a different note, there will probably be a tool chain update planned
for this year and this would also be a good opportunity to improve its
compatibility with GNU Autotools based configuration of ported software,
for example by conforming to the established target-triplet form
(x86_64-genode-gcc instead of genode-x86-gcc), by supporting the '-l'
linker flag or by knowing where to find the correct linker script by
default.

Christian