Seoul-net scenario hangs on "overmap attempt MEM" message when using uefi

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at genode-labs.com
Tue Feb 12 18:13:38 CET 2019

Hello,

On 12.02.19 15:13, Parfait Tokponnon wrote:
> Hello all,
> I got an issue when executing the seoul-net scenario in a freshly
> downloaded Genode directory and using uefi boot.
> Execution hangs on "overmap attempt MEM ....".
> It should be noted that it works fine with other boot option (disk, iso,
> ...). But I need the uefi boot and it used to work fine in old versions.
> Any idea to on to investigate this issue?
> Enclosed here the log file, as well as the modified build.conf and seoul.inc
> The tianocore.bin comes from here
> <https://www.kraxel.org/repos/jenkins/edk2/edk2.git-ovmf-x64-0-20190131.920.g1a35dd723b.noarch.rpm>

I tested seoul-net.run with master
(271e2398f944aae06e307a200a99843cade217fe) and image/uefi and can't
reproduce the issue. I also applied your tianocore version and it worked
for me. I used a qemu 2.8.1 version. So, do you have any other/more
changes maybe ?

Regarding the overmap message: From the log one can see that Seoul want
to attach some memory to the guest, but the kernel denies to do so.
There seems to be already some memory attached, which is not permitted.

Hope it helps,

Alex.

--
Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com - https://www.genode.org

Genode Labs GmbH - Amtsgericht Dresden - HRB 28424 - Sitz Dresden