Sculpt w/ Visual Composition, outdated Debian URL

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Tue Feb 12 08:42:14 CET 2019

Hello Joel,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 08:55:28PM +0000, baconicsynergy--- via users wrote:
> Greetings from Genode/NOVA on my new Thinkpad X250 :)
>
> Almost everything is working perfectly! I'm very excited about my new system.

That's great news and actually I am using the same setup every day!

> However, when I try to run the Debian installation, it fails to find
> the proper URL and nothing happens. What configuration file can I
> modify to fix this issue so I can point the URL in the right
> direction?

Unfortunately, the Debian developers seem to remove outdated versions of
the ISO on new releases. I was about to point you to Josef's package
updates

  18.09-p1 for Sculpt VC
  18.11    for release 18.11

but those are already outdated since end of January. But you may still
adapt the link in the pkg by yourself like follows in the Leitzentrale
Inspect terminal of your "Used" installation volume (for example
/ahci-0).

- vim /ahci-0/depot/cnuke/raw/download_debian/2018-08-30/init.config
- Find "netinst.iso"
- Replace
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-9.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso
  by
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-9.7.0-amd64-netinst.iso
- Depending on your Sculpt version you may have to toggle "Use" of the
  installation volume
- Launch "download_debian"

Good luck
--