Roadmap 2020 - Nix/Genode
ehmry at posteo.net
Sun Dec 29 09:44:02 CET 2019
My 2020 project will be building a NixOS-like OS around Genode OS. Its
something I tried a few years ago but never completed, but now I am
resolved that it is the best way to scale up Genode.
I can't do it alone, so if such a project interests you, please contact
me off-list. There is a lot of work to do but at least the following
- An LLVM-8 based toolchain
- A x86_64-genode Nixpkgs stdenv. It builds native Genode components and
will evaluate most of Nixpkgs, but a strategy is missing for
automatically patching projects that use GNU autotools.
- Functions for building and testing bootable ISOs
- An initial NixOS module for booting Genode subsystems as systemd
- Pre-packaging of depot binary archives.
- Dhall as an alternative configuration language
The current sources are held here:
There is a another project that packages Genode with Nix, but I haven't
tried it yet: https://github.com/blitz/genode-nix
More information about the users