Handling EOF on stdin

Sid Hussmann sid.hussmann at gapfruit.com
Sun Dec 15 18:54:23 CET 2019

Hi Norman,

so, I ended up implementing a different approach. In my first mail describing my problem, I emphasized too much on the Terminal session. I clearly failed at writing concise requirements, without any unnecessary solutions attached.

To me, the Terminal session is best used when controlling your component in an interactive manner. The reason I initially chose it was that there was an easy way to attach `stdin` and `stdout` to a libc component.

Now, for my use-case, interactiveness is not required. What I want is an easy way to send data from one component to a libc component via `stdin` and read from the libc components `stdout`.

This problem reminded me of how named pipes on unix. So, I implemented a `named_pipe` plugin for `vfs` [1], which solves my problem perfectly.

Any feedback appreciated.

[1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/3583

Cheers
Sid