EHCI HID not working on my hardware

Nobody III hungryninja101 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 03:29:35 CEST 2018

Genode has always had issues with interrupts on my desktop computer. This
broke the AHCI and USB drivers, but recent developments have begun to
fix/avoid this problem. While using 18.05/18.08, I discovered that the PS/2
driver worked fine, and later that if I only enabled XHCI, the USB driver
worked for my USB 3.0 ports.

A recent change (probably commit 76e9645
<https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/76e964578780b4681dee0b94c0ac68b5562efce3>)
in 18.09 (Sculpt VC) further improved USB support for my desktop computer,
allowing me to use USB devices on the unmodified Sculpt VC system. It even
allowed me to access, and, after adding an ext2 partition, use my USB flash
drive, even in my USB 2.0 ports. However, my mouse and keyboard still
generally only work in my USB 3.0 ports. I say generally because sometimes,
if I move my mouse's receiver from a USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port, it
will continue to work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get USB HID devices to work in USB 2.0
ports, or does anyone have any insight into what this means about my
computer, or how to enable other drivers (e.g. AHCI) to work on it?