USB in Genode 18.08

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at genode-labs.com
Thu Sep 20 20:00:09 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 20.09.2018 07:48, Stefan Kalkowski wrote:

> Anyway, here lied the actual problem. I cannot say why core resp. the
> sel4 kernel complains to map that memory pages here. Unfortunately,
> I'm on the way, and cannot test sel4 on Wandboard right now. Maybe
> Alexander Böttcher has some idea what possibly goes wrong, when core
> complains that it cannot map?

According to some debugging, the memory is actually mapped, but the usb
driver causes an alignment fault. (dfsr register with value 0x1).

Unfortunately the seL4 kernel does not propagate this information to
Genode's core. I will change the output in core, so that one can at
least guess that it could be a unaligned access/address - nevertheless,
this does not explain why we get this fault on Genode/seL4 and _not_ on
Genode/hw ... any idea Stefan ?

--
Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com - https://www.genode.org

Genode Labs GmbH - Amtsgericht Dresden - HRB 28424 - Sitz Dresden