TZ_VMM demo on i.mx53

Stefan Kalkowski stefan.kalkowski at genode-labs.com
Thu Sep 13 08:43:44 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 02:31:38PM +0800, lzSun wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> I am new to Genode and the version I am using is 18.05. I am  trying to boot genode on the secure world and linux on normal world on i.MX53-QSB board. I follow steps in this link: https://sourceforge.net/p/genode/mailman/message/33588666/. The system  can boot successfully ,but after the linux started,it periodically print this message:
> >> mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.
> >> mxsdhci: ============== REGISTER DUMP ==============
> >> mxsdhci: Sys addr: 0x00000000 | Version:  0x00001201
> >> mxsdhci: Blk size: 0x00000000 | Blk cnt:  0x00000001
> >> mxsdhci: Argument: 0x00000c00 | Trn mode: 0x341a0000
> >> mxsdhci: Present:  0xff880008 | Host ctl: 0x00000121
> >> mxsdhci: Clock:    0x000010ff
> >> mxsdhci: Int stat: 0x00010001
> >> mxsdhci: Int enab: 0x107f010b | Sig enab: 0x107f000b
> >> mxsdhci: Caps:     0x07f30000
> >> mxsdhci: ===========================================
>
> >if you just used the tz_vmm.run script without modifications, it
> >should work without these messages.
>

> Thanks for your reply! Actually, I just use the tz_vmm.run script without modifications. I have no idea about why this message was printed, could you give me any help?

Have you tried to boot plain Linux, at best the Linux version from
Freescale we used as the base? Does it print the same? Have you tried
to put another SD-Card into it?

Actually, I have no idea why the sd-card controller's hardware
interrupt is not triggering when you use the unmodified Genode version
with the Linux binary provided by the tz_vmm.run script.

Regards
Stefan

Stefan Kalkowski
Genode labs