Caution: potential loss of local changes when preparing dde_linux

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Mon Sep 3 17:01:23 CEST 2018

Hello,

I want to bring the following issue to your attention:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/2959#issuecomment-418133022

Please be extra careful when issuing a 'prepare_port dde_linux' command!

It works well when issued for the first time. But should you issue it
twice, you are at risk of losing local changes within your genode git
tree. See the description given in the linked issue for the details.

To be safe, I recommend removing any existing 'contrib/dde_linux-*'
directories manually before issuing the 'prepare_port dde_linux' command.

The following commit contains an interim fix that I merged to the master
branch just now:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/bbff6ae52998c3faeb41fd508e998780dcc75df1

However, note that the commit is not able to fix the issue for an
already prepared 'contrib/dde_linux-' directory. So better remove such
directories after updating to the current master branch.