porting 3rd-software to Genode

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Mon Sep 3 11:56:55 CEST 2018

Hello lzSun,

welcome to the list.

On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 05:34:39PM +0800, lzSun wrote:
> I am porting a 3rd-party software to Genode framework. I follow this
> tutorial(https://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/porting).
> When I execute the run command, the compilation process is complete,
> but there's a problem occurred when linking:  "libc.lib.so:
> undefined reference to `Libc::Component::construct(Libc::Env&)'
> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status I have no idea how to fix
> this problem, can anyone give me some help?

If your ported application is a standard POSIX/Libc application it
will come with the famous main() routine. In Genode, we apply a
different execution model which calls construction functions for
components. But, we also provide a library for backwards
compatibility, which you may use by adding the following to your
target.mk file.

  LIBS += posix

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs