Problem building src archive for component using Qt

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Tue Oct 23 09:13:54 CEST 2018

Hello,

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 12:12:27PM +0200, Duss Pirmin wrote:
> I have a component that uses QToolButton. When I build it in my run script,
> the build works well.
>
> When I want to build my src package I get the following error message:
>
> button.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN14Launcher_slice6ButtonE[_ZTIN14Launcher_slice6ButtonE]+0x10):
> undefined reference to `typeinfo for QToolButton'
>
> I have an other component that uses QPushButton where I can build the src
> archive. If I replace QPusButton with QToolButton in this component, I get
> the same error.

The following command reveals the reason of this error: a missing
entry for the QToolButton typeinfo symbols in
https://github.com/cproc/genode-symbols.

  c++filt < $(./tool/ports/current qt5)/lib/symbols/qt5_widgets | grep 'typeinfo.*Q[A-z]*Button'

So please add the missing symbol to the qt5_widgets file above and
rebuild your depot. It would be nice if you'd report your fixes in the
issue tracker.

BTW I doubt that your note about those errors comming and going
without any changes is correct, Ben. Maybe you just missed an update
of the abovementioned repository.

--
Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs