Sculpt VC Depot Configuration

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Tue Oct 2 10:28:09 CEST 2018

Hi Ben,

On 02.10.2018 07:07, Nobody III wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure why they're hardcoded, but
> it's easy enough to copy the directory over yourself.

just to clarify, the reason is given in the documentation [1], in the
"Runtime Management" Section:

  "By default, the depot is initialized such that the Sculpt
   system accepts software published by Genode's core developers."

My line of thinking is that extending the whitelist of accepted software
providers should be a deliberate decision by the user.

In the current version, this can be accomplished by adding a
corresponding subdirectory (with the 'download' and 'pubkey' files) to
the depot. The templates at /share/depot conveniently contain all
sources present in the Genode source repository [2], which can be copied
into the depot. Later versions of Sculpt might offer a graphical user
interface for this operation.

[1] https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-vc
[2] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/tree/master/depot