optimization levels in genode

lzSun 1137480042 at qq.com
Tue Nov 13 10:22:30 CET 2018

Hello,Stefan
Thanks for your effort! I have followed your advice to check to genode 18.08. I used the patch  you provided to me:
https://github.com/skalk/genode/tree/imx53-hf-neon
At first, I just build the whole project as before. But there's an error at building stage:
can't read "cc_arch": no such variable

while executing
"exec [cross_dev_prefix]gcc -print-libgcc-file-name {*}$cc_arch"
    (procedure "build_core" line 8)
    invoked from within

Then, I add the "cc_arch" to the file:  ./tool/run/run,  like this:
 set asm_src [generate_boot_modules_asm [run_dir]/genode $modules]
+ set cc_arch "-mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon"
# determine the libgcc
set libgcc [exec [cross_dev_prefix]gcc -print-libgcc-file-name {*}$cc_arch]

After this, I can build the whole project successfully and measure the performance gain on the i.mx53 qsb board. However, there's still a problem. When my program have done and return  to normal world, the system seems stuck. From the serial port, I can only see the linux's cursor blinking but I couldn't input any command.The serial port's  output message like this:
[init -> tz_vmm] task finished in 14588ms
/ #

 There are no errors which just like a command have executed normally. Do you have any idea about this? Thank you very much.