Shared folder in Sculpt

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Thu May 24 10:01:56 CEST 2018

Hi Pirmin,

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 07:52:24AM +0200, Pirmin Duss wrote:
> The shared folder mounted in to the virtual machine of sculpt always
> reports the following data to the df command in the VM:
>
> size: 512M
> free: 512M
> used: 0
>
> Because of this the file manager will not copy any files larger than
> 512M to the shared Folder, on the console it is possible though.

This is caused by our libc VFS backend that can't reason about size
and available space of the union-mount like file system. The
implementation of fstatfs() always returns 0 values and MNT_UNION.
VirtualBox in turn can't handle this, so we adapted statfs() in

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/ports/src/virtualbox/libc.cc#L249

to return either sane return values of fstatvfs() or a file system
with 128K blocks of 4K block size. For your issue it may be an option
to change this value to be configurable (at runtime at best).

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs