Genode + ARM + OpenOCD

Hinnerk van Bruinehsen hvbruinehsen at stackptr.de
Thu May 10 23:55:56 CEST 2018

Hello again,

I've got kind of a followup question. I've got some things working (I
can hold the board, read and write to memory and resume operations),
what's still missing is real debug capability, which most likely comes
from me not knowing which file gdb should load. I assumed it would be
the image.elf, but that is stripped and therefore seems not to include
any debug info.

Another somewhat related question is, if I can make sure that writes via
"write<registername>(0x1234)" really happen. If my OCD works, the value
doesn't seem to change (or the driver fails before that even gets
executed. Is there a way to sensibly use debug-printf like statements
(does "Genode::warning()" work inside a device driver?

Thank you and kind regards,
Hinnerk