interrupts on AMD hardware

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Wed May 2 13:42:57 CEST 2018

Hello,

On 15.04.2018 00:13, John J. Karcher wrote:
> On 04/12/2018 05:02 AM, Christian Helmuth wrote:
>> Ben,
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 02:14:04AM -0600, Nobody III wrote:
>>> What exactly are you referring to, and how do I do it?
>>
>> Unfortunately, you need to dig through the code, but if you dare it
>> may be really rewarding. I'm neither the author of the Genode
>> acpica-library port nor an expert in ACPICA at a whole, but find and
>> grep yielded me some hints where to look at.
>>
>> So, navigate to repos/libports/src/lib/acpica and try to find some
>> appropriate backend functions to instrument. This may not suffice, so
>> you should also navigate to contrib/acpica-<hash>/src/lib/acpica and
>> instrument source/components/executer/exregion.c
>> (AcpiExSystemMemorySpaceHandler). To be honest, from this point it's
>> up to you to invest more effort to get your platform running.
>>
>> Good luck
>
> Nobody, I am also interesting in looking at this code, with the goal of
> getting networking to work in a VirtualBox client.  (My main machine is
> AMD-based, so I am interested in that also, but I like to do most of my
> experimenting in a VM.)
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have much free time at the moment, but I can try
> to assist your efforts as much as I can.  I haven't worked on
> driver-level code in years, but I don't mind shaking off the rust for a
> good cause.  ;^)
>
> If you post your discoveries / observations on this ML (or elsewhere, as
> appropriate), I will do the same.

Ben & John,

may you please try my branch [0] with the run/ahci_bench and run/lwip
scenarios and tell me whether this change anything for your setups ?

Thanks,

Alex.

[0] https://github.com/alex-ab/genode/commits/acpica_ext

--
Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com - http://www.genode.org

Genode Labs GmbH - Amtsgericht Dresden - HRB 28424 - Sitz Dresden