Need help understanding packaging

Guido Witmond guido at witmond.nl
Mon Jun 25 22:44:09 CEST 2018

Hi Genodians,

I've got this little project for a web service[1]. It works as a
run-script and even boots as disk image on my intel box. *)

It's fast. It serves a file at 40MBytes/second and only 5 ms latency
between connecting to it and the first bytes on a Gbps LAN. Although
that file was served from memory, half the speed of the LAN without any
tuning is promising!

But I get stuck with making it into a depot-package. I lack the clarity
of what the next steps are.

My subgoals:
1. make it a depot-package;
2. make it configurable by user;
3. replace ragel parser[2] with hammer library[3] as a dependency.

How could I proceed with these steps? Is there an example run-script to
package conversion I could follow?

Cheers, Guido.

1: github.com/gwitmond/feather
2: https://www.colm.net/open-source/ragel/
3a: https://github.com/UpstandingHackers/hammer
3b: http://www.langsec.org/

*) Sculpt runs fine on AMD's Ryzen too, except for SATA, virtualisation.